Tue, Sep 26|
Join us in the kitchen where we gather as a community to have difficult conversations about current events. Together, we'll share a pot of coffee and morning snacks while we discuss community, compassion and advocacy. Coffee will be served. Enter on 112th Street through the parking lot.
Time & Location
Sep 26, 2023, 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
Community Hall, 70-35 112th St, Flushing, NY 11375, USA
About the event
Helen Keller, a former Forest Hills resident, once said "Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much." With divisiveness at our doorsteps, we want to ensure our community members have a safe space to gather and discuss difficult conversations around current events. Please join us for our regularly scheduled Community Conversations in the community hall (entrance on 112th Street) as we connect with others. Coffee will be served.
Please RSVP so we can reach out if there is a change of schedule.
- Nobody knows everything, together we know A LOT
- Speak from your own experience & learn from that of others
- We hold ourselves blameless yet responsible (when we know better, we do better)
- Use moments of discomfort to inquire deeper
- Impact over intent
- Call each other in, not out
- It’s okay to disagree, but no shaming, blaming, or attacking
- Honor lived experiences and wisdom
- Respect confidentiality (take the stories, leave the names)
- Take responsibility for self-care
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia are not tolerated in this space and will be cause for remova